Vegan Kale Pasta
350 g 00 flour
150 g semola rimacinata
300 gr kale pureé
(Kale leaves blanched until soft, but still bright green, then shocked in ice water. Blend into a thick pureé with some blanching liquid)
1.Evenly mix the two flours in a bowl with a fork.
2. Pour the flour on your work bench and form it into a volcano.
3. Pour pureé in the middle.
4. Slowly start incorporating the flour into the pureé by using the same motion as scrambling eggs.
5. When dough becomes too thick to work with a fork, switch to a bench scraper and start scooping up the flour and incorporating it in the rest of the dough with a cutting motion.
6. Once you have a cohesive mass, start kneading with your hands for 8-10 minutes.
7. Shape the dough into a ball. If dough feels too dry, wet your hands, and continue kneading. If it feels too wet, sprinkle some flour on your work surface.
8. Once you are done kneading, cover the dough ball with a bowl and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. If storing overnight, refrigerate wrapped in cling wrap, and bring back to room temperature before using.
9. While pasta is resting, line a couple of baking trays with parchment paper or kitchen towels and sprinkle with semolina.
10. Once the dough has rested, cut it in 4 equal parts. Take one piece and place the other three under the same bowl that was covering the dough.
11. Flatten the piece with a lightly floured rolling pin, lightly dust with flour, and pass it through the smooth rollers of your pasta machine, on the widest setting.
12. Fold in three, lightly dust with flour, press with your rolling pin, and pass through the machine again feeding it from the unfolded side. Repeat this step three times.
13. Keep lightly dusting the pasta with flour and feeding the sheets through the machine twice on each setting, until you reach the desired thickness. Sheets should be smooth and silky textured. You should be able to see the outline of your hand when you hold it under a pasta sheet, about 1/16th on an inch. (Thickness 4 on Marcato Atlas)
Read rest in comments⬇️