Suasage & Butternut Gnocchi
Another delicious gnocchi dish: Butternut Squash & Sausage Gnocchi.
Such delicious fall flavors!
Perfect balance of sweet and savory, try it!
INGREDIENTS FOR 2-3 SERVINGS
-2 Italian sausages (casing removed)
-1 cup diced butternut squash
-3 tbsp EVOO
-2 tbs butter
-1/4 cup water 1/4 cup white wine
-Salt to taste
-A shower of Parmigiano Reggiano
1. While the pasta water is coming to a boil, cook the sausage on medium heat, in a wide pan
2. Add the sliced shallot, a pinch of salt, the water and cover with a lid
3.When the shallot has softened, add the white wine, the butternut, the sage and cover
4. Cook until the squash is tender, and add a pinch of nutmeg
5. Once the gnocchi are cooked, add them to the pan, add the butter and a ladle of pasta water
6. Cook for a couple of minutes while stirring and serve with lots of Parmigiano Reggiano!