Steak & Shitake Baguette Toast
Guys, you HAVE to make this incredible steak and shitake baguette toast! Layers, upon layers of insanely delicious flavors that make the most delicious symphony in your mouth!
This recipe is enough for 1/2 baguette, two of the toasts I made in the video.
•One 12 Oz. Ribeye steak or whatever type of steak you prefer
•2 tsp Montréal steak seasoning
•200 g shitake mushrooms sliced with stem removed
•One large or 2 small vine ripened tomatoes thinly sliced
•Six cloves of garlic confit
•2 tbsp pesto
•1/2 tsp truffle oil
•1 tbsp minced parsley
•1/4 cup EVOO for the whole recipe
•Salt and chili flakes to taste
•Pecorino Romano to your heart's content
1. Slice steak into thin strips
2. Season steak with Montréal seasong, a couple of tbsp of EVOO and sear in a hot skillet
3. Once cooked to your preference, remove meat and add mushrooms to the pan with more EVOO, and salt
4. Once mushrooms are caramelized and soft, add chili flakes and fresh minced parlsey
5. Remove mushrooms from pan and wipe the pan with a wet paper towel using tongs
9. Cut the 1/2 baguette in half, drizzle with EVOO and toast face side down in the hot pan until golden and crisp
10. Once ready, assemble just as in the video. Starting with garlic confit, sliced tomatoes, pesto, steak, mushrooms, truffle oil and finally the grated Pecorino Romano. Enjoy! Buon Appetito Amici!