Roasted Butternut Squash And Sausage Lasagna
Updated: Feb 11
I am absolutely in love with this #lasagna When I say that this is the most amazing lasagna I've ever made and tried, I am not exaggerating! My family and staff agree! And they are my toughest critics!
It's on our family Christmas menu now!
It sure is a labor of love, and I recommend making the pasta and the pureé the day before, so you're not in the kitchen all day!
Click on the link in the bio and check my blog for the fresh pasta recipe.
-10 pasta sheets
-2 small #butternutsquash
-8 italian sausages
-400 gr #fontina
-75 gr #Parmigianoreggiano
-750ml 2% milk
-250 ml cream
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup AP flour
-1/2 cup white wine
-1/4 cup EVOO
-1/2 tsp freshly grated #nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375F°
2. Cut the butternut in half, and scoop the seeds out. Place on a parchment or foil-lined cookie sheet, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and thyme.
3. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
4. Take the casing off of the sausages, and add sausage meat into a hot, large pan.
6. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes breaking them up with a spoon.
7. Add the minced shallot and cook until caramelized.
8. Once the squash is cooked and cool enough to handle,scoop the pulp out and place it in a bowl.
9. Take 3 cups of butternut pulp and place in a separate bowl. You can freeze the rest of the pulp for another recipe.
10. Make the roux for the bechamel, by melting the butter in a small pot on low, then add flour and whisk for 3 minutes.
11. Add the milk and cream that you have previously heated, to the roux, and keep stirring until thickened and the flour doesn't taste raw anymore. About 7-10 minutes.
12. Season with salt and nutmeg.
13. Whether you're using fresh, homemade, or dry pasta sheets, you need to cook them for at least 3 minutes. It makes a huge difference!
14. Cook the pasta sheets and lay them on clean kitchen towels.
14. Add 1 cup of bechamel to the butternut and puree with a blender.
15. Assemble the lasagna in a baking dish, starting with bechamel, pureé, sausage, cheese, and bechamel.
16. Repeat 2 more times. Top the last layer with bechamel and cheese, and bake at 375°for 45 minutes.