Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast, Stuffed With Asparagus And Mozzarella
Updated: Feb 10
-8 chicken breast (approximately 6 oz each)
-150 g of mozzarella , cut into 8 (2x1/2x1/2-inch) strips
-16 thin or 8 thick asparagus
-8 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
-300 g of cremini mushrooms
-125 ml of white wine
-250 ml of heavy cream
-2 tbsp of A.P. flour
-60 ml of EVOO
-2 garlic cloves
1. With a sharp, thin knife, cut a thin slit (1 inch wide) in each chicken breast to form a pocket
2. Insert 1 strip of cheese and 2 asparagus into each pocket
3. Wrap a Prosciutto slice around each breast
4. Heat a wide pan on medium heat, add half the oil, place 3 or 4 chicken breasts in the pan presentation side down, and season with salt and pepper
5. Cook on medium heat, undisturbed for 4 minutes, flip, season, and cook for 2 minutes
6. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts
7. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish
8. In the same pan, add the remaining oil and the sliced mushrooms.
9. Cook for a minute or so, and add the minced garlic and a pinch of salt.
10. Cook until they start to caramelize, stirring often, and add flour.
11. Cook for a minute or so stirring, then add wine.
12. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add cream and rosemary. Season bring to a simmer and pour over chicken breasts.
14. Bake at 375F° for 20-25 minutes
or until a digital thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken breast, reads 165F°.
15. Rest for a few minutes, plate, and serve with extra sauce.