Pasta Alla Puttanesca
Updated: Feb 10
One of my Nonna Adriana's favorite pasta dishes was Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca.
She especially loved adding the anchovies to the sauce, which give the sauce a nutty flavor and umami deliciousness. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and make it, it's super easy and delicious!
INGREDIENTS for 4-6 people
-1 can San Marzano tomatoes
-1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
-1 cup Kalamata or Gaeta olices
-1/4 cup of capers
-4 anchovy fillets
-1 small shallot
-3 garlic cloves
-1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
-500 g spaghetti or linguine
1. Place a pot of water on medium-high heat for your pasta
2. Heat up a large pan on medium heat, add oil and anchovies, and cook stirring, until anchovies are dissolved
3. Add the minced shallot, cook for 5 minutes, then add the minced garlic
4. Cook for two minutes, add olives and capers and cook for another two minutes
5. Add hand-crushed San Marzano tomatoes, grape tomatoes cut in half, the passata, and
the minced herbs, and simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until thick
6. When the sauce is ready, cook the pasta super aldente (2 minutes less than what the package says), it's so much tastier and easier to digest when it's aldente
7. Toss pasta with the sauce for two minutes, with a 1/2 cup of pasta water.
8. Plate it, and top it with more sauce, chili pepper, and parsley
Buon Appetito!! Tag me in your photos, I would love to see your puttanesca!
#pastalover #cucinapartenopea #cucinanapoletana #italianchef #italianiavancouver #italianchefincanada #capribakerybistro #authenticitalianfood #apcicampania #italianchefinmapleridge