Pasta Alla Carbonara
Updated: Apr 12, 2022
Don't be intimidated by this dish.
As long as you follow the steps and pay close attention to the cooking times and techniques, you will be able to achieve a beautiful plate of velvety, creamy Pasta Alla Carbonara sans butter or cream.
Make it and tag me in your pics!
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 PORTION
🥚2 fresh, free range egg yolks
🥚100 gr of the best spaghetti or bucatini you can find
🥚25 gr Pecorino Romano
🥚50 gr guanciale
🥚Freshly cracked black pepper
1.Place a pot of water on the stove for your pasta.* Add less salt than you normally would, because the pecorino and guanciale are very salty.
2. Cut the skin off the guanciale and cut into strips.
3. Place the guanciale in a cold pan and let it crisp up on all side on medium-low heat.
4. Once the guanciale is done, take it out of the pan and place on a paper towel.
5. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the guanciale fat and discard 1/2 of the remaining fat, leaving the rest in the pan.
6. Add the 2 Tbsp of guanciale fat to the Pecorino, and make a paste.
7. Add the 2 egg yolks to the Pecorino and combine. This is know as, "carbocrema".
8. Add a couple of Tbsp of pasta water to the egg mixture and stir.
9.Cook your pasta half way and add to the pan with a littlebit of pasta water.
10. Keep cooking it while stirring, just as you would with risotto, until almost al dente. Technique know as "risottare".
11. Once al dente, turn the heat off and add the egg mixture.
12. Stir, add half of the guanciale and keep stirring until the residual heat from the pasta and the pan, cooks the egg yolks and pasta. This will take, less than a minute.
13. Plate the pasta, top with the rest of the guanciale and some freshly ground plack pepper.
Buon Appetito Amici!
#carbonara #authenticitalianfood #romanfood #cucinaromana #pecorinoromano #guanciale #easypasta #pastaislove #ilovepasta #pastalover #deliciousfood #whatsinmyplate #food52grams #imsomartha #yumyumyum #instagood #instafood #italianfoodbloggers #capribakerybistro #chefrosangelaatte #foodphotography