Pappardelle With Spring Vegetables
Love spring and all the fresh produce it brings!
I had some beautiful, organic vegetables and herbs, and some fresh pappardelle we made at the store @capribakerybistro and I was instantly inspired to create a beautiful spring pasta dish, topped with a delicious sheep's milk ricotta salata from Sardegna. The sweetness of the veggies and the saltiness of the ricotta created a perfect balance.
It was beautiful, delicate and super flavorful!🥕🍅🧅🌱🌿
INGREDIENTS for 6 portions
-500 g pappardelle
-1lbs asparagus cut in 1"pieces
-2-3 spring onions sliced
-200 gr carrots cut into ribbons
-2 cups of ripe grape tomatoes halved
-1/2 cup of butter
-1/4 cup EVOO
-1/4 cup mint
-1/4 cup basil
-1-2 tsp salt
-Grated ricotta salata or whatever cheese you prefer
-Chives for garnish
1. Rinse and cut all your veggies.
2. Heat a wide pot on medium-low heat, add the butter and oil and start sweating the onions.
3. Bring your pasta water to a boil.
4.Once onion is soft, add the tomatoes with a little salt and cover.
5. Start cooking your pasta.
6. Once the tomatoes have become soft and have released their juices, add the asparagus and a ladle of pasta water.
7. When pasta is almost al dente, add the carrot ribbons, taste for seasoning, turn heat off, add the pasta and the herbs.
8. Gently toss, plate and top with chives and ricotta salata.
#springpasta #springproduce #pappardelle #vegetarianpasta #deliciouspasta #beautifulfood #springvegetables #beautifulpasta #colorfulfood #pastalove #pastalovers #pastaaddict #pastaislove #pastaismylovelanguage #italianfoodblogger #Chefrosangelaatte