Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausages
One of our favorite pasta dishes! I know, we have a lot of favorites, but how can you choose??!! Everytime I eat one, I say:"Thi is definitely my favorite!".
But seriously, this really IS one of our favorites! A part from the fact that sausages and broccoli rabe are the perfect combo, and a staple in our home, the shape of the orecchiette acts as a little bowl, holding the juices from the sausages, the broccoli rabe, the white wine and the starchy pasta water, giving your test buds, and your whole mouth an unforgettable experience!
It came together in 20 minutes and it is super satisfying!
INGREDIENTS for 4-6 people
-400 g orecchiette
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe
-5 Italian sausages
-1/2 cup white wine
-1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves
-Pecorino Romano to taste
-Chili pepper to taste
-Salt to taste
1. Bring a pot of heavely salted water to the boil, heat up a wide pan and add EVOO.
2. Take casing off of the sausages and crumble in the pan.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, then add white wine.
4.Wash and cut broccoli rabe in 2 inch pieces.
5. Once alcohol has evaporated, add the minced garlic and broccoli rabe to sausages and cover.
6. When water is boiling,cook your orecchiette.
7. When broccoli rabe are tender but not overcooked, add chili pepper and try for salt.
8. Adjust seasoning and add the almost al dente pasta to the pan.
9. Keep cooking the pasta for a couple of minutes while tossing.
10. Sprinkle with freshly grated Pecorino Romano and serve!
Buon Appetito Amici!
#pastalover #pastaislove #italianfoodbloggers #authenticitalianfood #pastaislife #yumyumyum #food52grams #broccolirabe e #italiansausage #whatsinmyplate #easymeals #easypastarecipe #onepotmeal #cookingforthegram #ilovepasta #pastaddict #pastaobsession @columbusmeatmarket @andyboyproduce