No Knead Focaccia
Updated: Apr 20
I've been making this focaccia on repeat!
It's so easy, versatile and delicious!
Here's the super easy recipe for a 12"X 16" focaccia, or two sheet pizza, or buns and loaves.
•1 kg A.P. flour
•750 ml of room temperature water
• 7 gr active dry yeast
• 20 gr sea salt
•60 ml of EVOO to drizzle on top
•Shortening or lard to grease the pan
•Flaky salt and fresh rosemary to sprinkle on top
I start this in the late afternoon so it is ready in the morning.
1.Mix flour and salt in a large bowl
2. Dissolve yeast in the water
3. Add it to the flour and mix until well combined
4. Transfer to a large container with a lid and a couple of hours later, stretch and fold dough on itself on each of the 4 sides. Repeat every couple of hours until you go to bed and place in the refrigerator.
5. The morning after stretch and fold once, then let dough rest at room temperature for 2 hours, then deflate dough, repeat this step one more time, and let the dough double in size
6. Once dough is ready, spread shortening all over the pan and place dough in it
7. Gently press dough down and push it towards the edges of the pan
8. Drizzle generously with the EVOO, cover and let it double or triple in size
9. Once risen, dimple the focaccia by pressing your fingers in the dough to make indents, sprinkle with flaky or coarse salt and herbs
10. Bake at 450F° for 20-30 minutes or until golden and crispy on the bottom
11. Place on a cooling rack as soon as it comes out of the oven and enjoy!
You can also shape into loaves and buns after the last rise and place them on cookie sheets to rise with some semolina or corn meal on the bottom.
Let me know how it turns out!