INGREDIENTS FOR 4
-280 gr Vialone Nano, Carnaroli, or Arborio rice (in which case you might need more stock, and risotto will have a different consistency)
- 750ml to 1 L of vegetable stock
- 180 gr nduja (120 gr for risotto, 60 gr for garnishing)
-250 ml white wine (I like Pinot Grigio)
-60 gr cold cubed butter
-80 gr Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
-250 ml stracciatella or one 250 gr burrata
-60 ml pistachio butter
-1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
-4 thyme sprigs
-1/4 cup crushed pistachio nuts
1. Heat a wide pan on medium heat and crisp up the 60 g of nduja that you're going to use to garnish, drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
2. Add the rest of the nduja to the pan and break it up with a wooden spoon.
3. Once some of the fat has, add the minced shallot and thyme, and cook for a few minutes.
4. When the shallot is soft, add the rice, stir, and toast it for a few minutes,stirring often.
5. Add the white wine and stir until the wine has evaporated, and liquid is syrupy.
6. Start adding the hot stock one or two ladles at a time, stirring until the rice absorbs the stock.
7. Repeat this step until the rice is aldente. It should still be firm in the middle. About 15 minutes.
8. Risotto should not be too thick or too soupy. It needs to be able to sspread slightlybut stay firmly together when the plate is wiggled back and forth. It will take a few tries to reach the perfect viscosity, but you'll get there 😉
9. Risotto is perfectly aldente, turn the heat off, add the Parmigiano and cold butter and "manteca".
Mix vigorously to emulsify all the ingredients together to create a creamy finish.
10. Plating the risotto: I like using a flat plate to display the risotto in all its glory! Ladle the risotto in the center of the plate and tap the plate on the bottom, with the palm of your hand, while wiggling the plate around, to help the risotto settle and form a circle.
11. Garnish first with: stracciatella, pistachio butter, tomatoes, nduja and pistachio crumbs.
Buon Appetito Amici!
#risotto #vialonenano #ndujia #stracciatella #beautifulfood #italianfood #italianchef #foodandwine #bonappetit #beautifully