Italian Pork Meatloaf Stuffed With Caciocavallo
Updated: Feb 10
Who says meatloaf has to be boring and dry?
This pork meatloaf is anything but! Super flavorful, tender, moist, and perfect for entertaining! Prepare it a day ahead and bake 2 hours before serving.
The secret to keeping the perfect shape with no cracks is to wrap it in parchment paper and bake it at 350F° for 1.5 hours, then broil it for 10 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (8-10 servings)
•1 Kg ground pork
•2 Italian buns or 4-5 slices of white bread
•1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano or a mix of both
•2 tsp garlic powder
•1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
•1/4 cup minced basil
•1 tsp of salt
•1/2 tsp black pepper
•300 gr caciocavallo sliced in thick slices
•1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes
•1/4 cup A.P. flour
•2 cups of chicken stock
•3 tbsp EV
1. Soak the bread in water, then squeeze as much water out as you can
2. Add the bread to the ground pork, with the eggs, cheese, spices, and herbs
3. Mix with your hands until well incorporated
4. Spread the mixture evenly, on a parchment paper-lined standard cookie sheet all the way to the edges
5. Arrange the caciocavallo all over, leaving a 1-inch border around
6. Lift the side of the parchment paper closest to you and roll the meat toward the center, away from you until you have a perfect log
7. Make sure the seam is on the bottom, arrange the tomatoes on top, and tightly wrap the parchment paper around the meat, twisting the sides
8. Add 2 cups of chicken stock to the pan and bake at 350F° for 1.5 hours or until a digital thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf, reads 165F°
9. When meatloaf is cooked, unwrap it, drizzle it with oil, and broil for 10 minutes or until browned on top
10. Gently remove the meatloaf from the pan onto your serving platter, with the help of 2 metal spatulas, and tent it with aluminum foil
11. Place the cooled, pan drippings in a small pot, add the flour, and cook until thickened or until the flour cooks. Adjust seasoning and thickness to your liking
12. Serve with your favorite vegetables and gravy on the side
Buon Appetito Amici!
#porkmeatloaf #sundaylunch #sundaydinner #easymeal #easyrecipes