Grilled Radicchio Stuffed With Fiordilatte, Wrapped In Prosciutto
If you're looking for an easy, elegant appetizer with complex flavor, here it is!
The charred, bitter radicchio marries perfectly well with the delicate, creamy flavor of the fiordilatte. The sweet and sour flavor of the balsamic glaze cuts through the saltiness of the prosciutto bringing perfect balance to every bite!
Try it for your next dinner party, your guests will love it!
Find fiordilatte, prosciutto crudo and balsamic galze in our store!
INGREDIENTS FOR 12 ROLLS
-2 heads of radicchio
-12 slices of Prosciutto
-One 200 gr fiordilatte
-4-6 thyme sprigs
-2 Roma tomatoes
-4 cups of baby arugula
-1/4 cup EVOO
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash radicchio and discard any outer leaves that might be bruised or wilted.
2. Cut the core out with a small sharp knife.
3. Gently detach the larger outer leaves leaving them intact. Use the remaining radicchio in a salad or risotto.
4. Slice the fiordilatte into 2" long sticks and place in the middle of each leaf.
3. Drizzle a little EVOO in the middle of each leaf and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Roll each bundle and drizzle them with a little of the EVOO.
6. Grill on a hot cast iron grill for 30 seconds on each side.
7. Roll a slice of prosciutto around each bundle.
8. Arrange on a bed of arugula.
9. Top with chopped Roma tomatoes, and the remaining oil, and sprinkle salt, and balsamic glaze
Buon Appetito Amici!