GORGONZOLA, AND PROSCIUTTO MAC 'N' CHEESE WITH CRISPY TRUFFLE TOPPING
Definitely not your average mac and cheese!
Creamy, cheesy, and incredibly deep in flavor, and that crispy truffle topping!!🤤
INGREDIENTS FOR 4
-300 gr pasta shells, or any short pasta will work
-100 g diced Prosciutto
-100 g Gorgonzola piccante
-1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
-2 tbsp EVOO
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup A.P. flour
-800 ml milk
-200 ml heavy cream
-1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 cup panko bread crumbs
-1/4 cup minced parsley
-3 Tbsp melted butter
-2 tsp truffle oil (black or white)
-Pinch of salt
1. Place pasta pot on the stove on high.
2. Combine milk and cream and scold.
3. Melt butter on low, add flour while whisking, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly and gradually add the hot milk and cream mixture.
4. Cook on low, while stirring, until thick and raw flour taste is gone
5. Turn the heat off, and add salt, nutmeg, crumbled Gorgonzola, Parmigiano Reggiano and whisk until cheese is melted. Set aside.
6. While pasta is cooking, heat up a pan, add the olive oil and cook the diced Prosciutto until crispy.
7. Combine all ingredients for crispy topping, by tossing them with your fingers.
8. Once pasta is al dente, drain well and mix with Mornay sauce.
9. Add Prosciutto and mix.
10. Place in a baking dish or cast iron pan, top with crispy topping and bake at 400F° for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and topping is golden brown.
Find ingredients @capribakerybistro
#f52community #foodandwine #ItalianFoodBlog #ItalianFoods #italianfoodlover #pastarecipes #pastalove #deliciousfood #yumyumyum #FoodBlogger #FoodBlog #Foodstagram #InstaBlogger #InstagramBlog #Finstagram #FoodIsLife #FoodBlogFeed