FUSILLI WITH CREAMY EGGPLANT, PEPPERS AND SMOKED SCAMORZA
This pasta dish is so rich in flavor and easy to make. It's all the flavors of summer in one perfect plate of pasta. Creamy, smokey, fresh and bold. Give it a try, and I guarantee it will become one of your favorites too!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
• 300-400 gr fusilli or any other twisty pasta (you want to trap all that goodness!)
•1 large eggplant
•2 bells peppers
•1 small onion
•2 garlic cloves
•1/2 bottle of passata (about 340ml or 1.5 cups)
•1/2 cup EVOO
•1/2 grated Parmigiano Reggiano
•150 gr smoked scamorza, caciocavallo or mozzarella
•Salt to taste
•Chili pepper (optional)
1. Boil water for pasta.
2. Heat the EVOO.
3. Dice eggplant into 1/4 inch cubes.
4. Add to the oil with some salt, cover with a lid and cook until very soft.
5. Once the eggplant is soft, add the diced peppers, onion and minced garlic.
6. Cook until soft. Add passata, basil and salt and cook until creamy and well combined.
7.Once pasta is cooked 3/4 of the way, add it to the sauce with 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
8. Toss with sauce. Turn heat off and add both cheeses.
9.Toss and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
10. Stir, plate, top with fresh basil and chili pepper and enjoy! Buon Appetito Amici!
#fusillipasta #melanzaneepeperoni #pasta
#italianfoodlover #italiansunday #italianfood #pastalovers #beautifulpasta #authenticitalianfood
#murgellacheese #authenticitalianfood #yumyumyum #foodphotography #food52grams #pastaislove #pastalover