Fesh Fettuccine With Porcini, and Truffle Cream Sauce
Updated: Aug 21
This pasta dish is outstanding, it always leaves guests wanting more and asking for the recipe!
You can add other mushrooms with the porcini as well. I like to use: shitake, oyster or cremini to give the sauce more texture and meatyness, but the flavor comes from the porcini and the truffle oil.
Best mushrooms cream sauce you'll make!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4-5 PEOPLE
🍄500 g fresh or dry fettuccine
🍄750 ml heavy cream
🍄1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
🍄2 Tbs of mushroom and truffle puree ( optional ) or 1/2 lbs of mushrooms of your choice.
🍄1 Tbsp of black truffle EVOO
🍄1/2 cup white wine
🍄2 Tbs butter
🍄2 tbs EVOO
🍄1 minced shallot
🍄1-2 tsp salt
🍄Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
🍄Parmigiano Reggiano (as mush as your heart desires)
1.Mince shallot, add EVOO and butter in a hot pan, turn on low, add shallot and sweat until tender and translucent.
2. While shallot cooks, soak the dry porcini in a cup of boiling water.
3.Once the porcini are tender, take them out of the water and mince them.
4. Add them to the shallots with some salt.
5. Add white wine, and once the alcohol evaporates, add the reserved liquid from soaking the mushrooms, straining it with a fine sieve.
5. Once everything reduces, add the cream and reduce by half on low heat.
6. Add the mushroom puree, if using and taste for seasoning.
7. Cook the fettuccine until almost al dente and toss them in the sauce, cooking them for another couple of minutes.
8.Turn the heat off, add the truffle oil, fresh minced parsley, toss and top with lots of @parmigianoreggianousa
Buon Appetito Amici!