Fettuccine With Red Wine Braised, Boneless Short Ribs
So much love in this dish❤
You can make the fettuccine while the meat is braising or you can use store bought pasta. The star is definitely the sauce!
Your whole house will smell incredible, and you will have enough sauce for a few meals, or stuff ravioli or cannelloni with it.
INGREDIENTS FOR 8 GENEROUS SERVINGS
🍷1 kg boneless short ribs
🍷1/2 cup A.P. flour
🍷1/2 cup EVOO
🍷500 ml of good red wine
🍷500 ml beef stock
🍷1 large leek (around 150g) cut in half and sliced crosswise
🍷150g celery sliced crosswise
🍷200 gr carrots diced
🍷250 ml tomato pureé
🍷2 bay leaves
🍷1 rosemary sprig
🍷6 thyme sprigs
🍷2 flat leaf Italian parsley sprigs
🍷1.5-2 tsp salt
🍷800g fettuccine or pappardelle
1. Heat a large Dutch oven.
2. Dredge short ribs in flour, add oil to the pot and start browning the meat.
3. Once brown on all sides, remove and add veggies and herbs with a pinch of salt.
4. Cook veggies until soft
5. Add meat and its juices back to the pot.
6. Add tomato, wine and stock, cover and cook on low for a minimum of 3 hours or until meat falls apart.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning.
8. Shred all the meat.
9. Start cooking the pasta.
10. Add meat to a large pan or keep in the same pot with the juices.
11. When pasta is almost al dente add it to the sauce ans toss for a couple of minutes or until all the pasta is nicely coated and everything is well distributed.
12. Plate, top with some meat, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly ground nutmeg, minced parsley and enjoy!
Buon Appetito Amici!
#braisedbeef #braisedshortribs #redwinebraisedshortribs #fettuccine #chefrosangelaatte #capribakerybistro #yvreats #yumyumyum @thefeedfeed #foodphotography #food52grams #braisedmeat #whatsfordinner #whatsinmyplate #pastalovers #pastaislove #pastaislife #ilovepasta #pastaismylovelanguage #pastalovingchef #eatingforthegram #cookingforthegram #italianfoodbloggers