Crispy Polenta Fries
Super easy and delicious appetizer or side dish.
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and super fun to eat!
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 SERVINGS
-250 gr of instant polenta
-1 L of water or stock
-2 tsp of salt
-1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano
-1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Cook polenta according to package instructions
2. Line a 9x13 pan with plastic wrap
3. Pour hot polenta in the pan and spread evenly
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours
5. When you're ready to fry, heat the oil in a pan until it reaches 350F° and fry the polenta in batches, making sure you move it around to prevent the fries from sticking together
6. Fry until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes
7. Drain on paper towel and serve with lots of grated cheese, and if you desire, with a dip, like tomato sauce, pesto mayo or a basil aioli.
#friedpolenta #appetizer #vegetarian #glutenfree #italianfood #food52grams #tastemademedoit #bonappetit #foodandwine #polentafritta #italianstreetfood #chefrosangelaatte