COCONUT & ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
I love all types of soups, brothy, chunky, cream or tomato based and I love a good thick pureé!
This root vegetable pureé made with @verilykitchen Cashew Alfredo is amazing! Comforting, creamy, smooth, tangy and sweet.
Find Verily in our refrigerated section!
-8 cups root veg (turnip, parnsnip, golden beets, carrots)
-12 garlic cloves
-1 large shallots
-1 can Coconut milk
-3 tbsp green curry
-1 cup of Verily Cashew Alfredo
-4 tbsp evoo
-1L stock (might need a bit more)
-1.5 tsp salt
-1/2 cup cooked basmati rice preserving optional
1. Heat oven to 375F°.
2. Peel root vegetables, cut in 2 inch pieces. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet add half the oil, salt, peeled garlic cloves and thyme.
3. Roast for 45 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the oil to a large pot and sauté diced shallot until soft.
5. Add turmeric and green curry and cook for 1.or 2 minutes.
6. Add Verily Cashew Alfredo and stir.
7. Add coconut milk and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
8. Once vegetables are roasted, add them to the pot with the stock.
9. Cook until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
10. Adjust seasoning and thickenss with more stock if necessary, and pureé with an immersion blender or in a blender.
11. Serve with basmati rice, lime and sriracha.
Buon Appetito Amici!