Breaded Sole Fillets
Updated: Feb 11
Crispy, breaded soles, or cotoletta di sogliola. If you're a fan of fish sticks, you will love these! Serve with a side salad, or vegetables and you have a delicious, easy meal.
Here's the recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR 8 CUTLETS
•8 sole fillets
•2 cups of panko or breadcrumbs of your choice
•1 cup of flour
•2 Garlic cloves
•3 tbsp minced Italian parsley
•1 tsp of salt
•1/4 tsp ground black pepper
•Zest of 1 lemon
•Vegetable oil for frying
1. Rinse, pat dry fillets and refrigerate until you are ready to bread them.
2. Add minced parsley, and lemon zest to the bread crumbs and mix until well combined
3. Mince the garlic and add, along with 1/4 tsp of salt, to the eggs and whisk until well combined
4. Add remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, along with the pepper, to the flour and mix until well combined
5. Arrange your breading station, starting with the flour, then eggs, lastly the breadcrumbs
6. Dredge the fish in the flour, making sure it's all covered. Then using a fork, dip the fish in the egg, then the crumbs, making sure to lightly press on the fish with the palm of your hand, so the breading sticks.
7. Once all the fish is breaded, place it on a tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up the breading. You can also do this up to a day ahead.
8. When you're ready to serve, heat 1" of vegetable oil in a high sided, wide pan, until it reaches 350 F°.
9. Once the oil is ready, line a dish or baking sheet with paper towel and start frying the fish, by gently laying it in the oil. Do not over crowd the pan.
10. Fry the fillets for 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and serve wirh lemon wedges.
Buon Appetito Amici!