Beet Cavatelli With Parmigiano Reggiano And Pistachio Cream Sauce
Updated: Feb 11
CAVATELLI INGREDIENTS (4 people)
-150g 00 flour
-150g semola rimacinata
-180 gr beet puree
1. Mix flour and pureé in a food processor or mix by hand using the volcano method.
2. Once the dough comes together, knead for 8 minutes.
3. Let it rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, wrapped in cling wrap or covered by an upside-down bowl.
4. Once the dough has rested cut it in four equal parts and work 1 piece at a time, keeping the other pieces covered.
5. Flatten each piece and cut it into 1 cm thick strips and roll them into ropes.
6. If you have a cavatelli machine, feed the floured ropes into the machine and shape the cavatelli or cut them into 1 cm long pieces and shape them into cavatelli by using a gnocchi board or a fork.
7. Place on a flour baking sheet and sprinkle with more flour.
8. Freeze or refrigerate.
9. Cook just like pasta.
-2 cups whipping cream
-1/4 cup of pure pistachio butter (unsweetened)
-1 cup of finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
-1/4 cup coarsely ground pistachios toasted or untoasted
1. While pasta is cooking, scold cream in a wide pan on low.
2. Add pistachio butter and stir until well incorporated.
3. Take the pan off the heat, add Parmigiano Reggiano, and stir vigorously until the cheese has melted.
4. Drain pasta and reserve some pasta water.
5. Add pasta to the sauce and toss, add some pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
6. Sauce should be glossy and smooth.
7. Plate, top with pistachio, and enjoy this incredible plate of pasta!