BEET CAVATELLI WITH PARMIGIANO REGGIANO AND PISTACHIO CREAM SAUCE
CAVATELLI INGREDIENTS (4 people)
-300 g 00 flour
-180 gr beet puree
1. Mix flour and pureé in a food processor or mix by hand using the volcano method.
2. Once dough comes together, knead for 8 minutes.
3. Let it rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, wrapped in cling wrap or covered by an upside down bowl.
4. Once dough has rested cut it in four equal parts and work 1 piece at a time, keeping the other pieces covered.
5. Flatten each piece and cut into 1 cm thick strips and roll them into ropes.
6. If you have a cavatelli machine, feed the floured ropes into the machine and shape cavatelli or cut into 1 cm long peices and shape into cavatelli buy using a gnocchi board or a fork.
7. Place on a flour baking sheet and sprinkle with more flour.
8. Freeze or refrigerate.
9. Cook just like pasta.
-2 cups whipping cream
-1/4 cup of pure pistachio butter (unsweetened)
-1 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
-1/4 cup coarsly ground pistachios toatsed or untoasted
1. While pasta is cooking, scold cream in a wide pan on low.
2. Add pistacchio butter and stir until well incorporated.
3. Take pan off the heat, add Parmigiano Reggiano and stir vigorously until cheese has melted.
4. Drain pasta and reserve some pasta water.
5. Add pasta to the sauce and toss, add some pasta water if sauce is too thick.
6. Sauce should be glossy and smooth.
7. Plate, top with pistacchio and enjoy this incredible plate of pasta!