Baked Feta Mediterranean Pasta
Hey guys! You HAVE to try my Baked Feta Mediterranean Pasta!
It's soooo good! Creamy, cheesy, sweet, tangy, spicy and umami! I guarantee you'll love it!
It's super easy and healthy!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4
-300 g short pasta
-200 g feta (I used goat's, but cow's will be just fine)
-1 medium eggplant
-1 medium zucchini
-1 red bell pepper
-1 medium red onion
-2 cups ripe grape/cherry tomatoes
-2 tbsp capers
-1/4 cup Kalamata olives
-1/4 cup ndujia (optional) or 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
-1 head of garlic
-6 thyme sprigs
-1/2 cup EVOO
-1/2 to 1 tsp of salt (feta, olives, capers and ndujia can be very salty, use your discretion)
-1/4 cup of minced parsley or basil or both
1. Dice all veggies in 1/2 " cubes
2. Cut tomatoes in half
3. Cut top off of the garlic bulb
4. Place all veggies in a large baking dish or cast iron pan
5. Add, capers, olives, salt and 1/2 of the oil to the vegetables and toss all together.
6. Nestle the feta in the middle
7. Drizzle some oil on the garlic and nestle in between the vegetables
8. Drizzle the rest of the oil on the feta and sprinkle the thyme all over the vegetables and feta
9. Cover with parchment paper and bake at 375F°for 45 minutes
10. Mean while bring a pot of water to the boil and when there are 7 minutes left on your timer, add salt to the water and start cooking your pasta
11. Take the vegetables and feta out of the oven, squeeze garlic out and mix everything together
12. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, and drain the pasta
13. Add the pasta and the water to the vegetables and feta and toss
14. Add the fresh herbs and enjoy!