Asparagus Stuffed, Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
INGREDIENTS FOR 6-8 SERVINGS
-2 average size pork tenderloins (1 to 1.5 lbs each)
-100 gr thick (2 mm) sliced prosciutto
-1/4 cup dijon mustard
-8 to 10 asparagus spears depending on the thickness
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 cup EVOO
-1 cup white wine
-1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 cup A.P. flour
-2 tbsp of cold butter
-2-3 rosemary sprigs
- 1.5 cups of water or low sodium chicken stock
1. Trim silver skin and fat from both tenderloins.
2. Using a boning or slicing knife, cut the tenderloins horizontally so you can open them like a book. Make sure you don't cut all the way through.
3. Overlap them and place the tails on opposite sides.
4. Spread the mustard all over and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Arrange the asparagus on the tenderloins, leaving an inch border at each end.
6. Start rolling the tenderloins away from you, forming a tight roast.
7. Cover with the prosciutto slices, tucking them on the bottom.
8. Truss the roast tightly with butcher's twine and place it in a roasting pan drizzled with EVOO.
9. Tuck the rosemary springs under the butcher's twine and roast at 400F° for 40 minutes.
10. After 40 minutes, check the internal temp. Depending on the size of the roast, it might be cooked after 40 minutes, or it might need another 10-15 minutes like mine did. If the thermometer reads 140F°, the roast is ready. If not, cook it a little bit longer until it reaches 140F°.
11. If the roast is ready, take it out to rest, and proceed to make the gravy by adding the wine first to the pan, then the flour and stock/water (you might need more liquid) and cooking it until thickened, at which point you will add the Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of salt if needed, and the cold butter.
12. If the roast needs more time, add the wine to the pan and roast until the internal temperature reaches 140F°.
13. When the roast is ready, take it out to rest and make the gravy by adding flour and stock/water to the pan juices. Cook until thickened and add Worcestershire sauce, salt if needed, and cold butter.
14. Slice the roast and serve with gravy!
Buon Appetito Amici!